Social Capital World Forum
What is the SCWF?
The Social Capital World Forum (SCWF) was launched in Scotland in 2009, to bring together organisations (civil society, NGOs, social enterprises, academic, statutory sector, etc.) working at a regional and national level with social capital as a key resource for enhancing community well-being and resilience to:
- Share knowledge and experiences of ‘social capital in practice’
- Build a collaborative network for effective communication between SCWF participants
- Expand opportunities to promote the value of social capital regionally, nationally and internationally
What is the AIM of the SCWF?
Many organisations delivering social, economic and environmental benefit as an outcome of their work, are creating social capital, yet are unaware of the true value of this intangible asset. The SCWF believes that greater knowledge of social capital, the terminology and the structures, can help identify the added value of this invisible resource and facilitate progress in our communities socially, environmentally and economically to bring about a more sustainable and prosperous society.
The SCWF will be of interest to participants from third sector organisations, government agencies, academic institutions and the private sector, with an interest in social networking, community engagement, participatory democracy, community and environmental resilience, social entrepreneurship, social innovation and alternatives to GDP. Affiliates will have the opportunity to share their knowledge, understanding and experience of social capital in practice and also engage in discussion with the aim of consolidating and strengthening a global network of social capital practitioners and explore opportunities to work collaboratively.
To achieve this the format of the SCWF will:
- Facilitate discussion and cooperation
- Demonstrate and promote policies and practices that deliver social, environmental and economic sustainability
- Build new partnerships and initiate collaboration on new projects
- Connect SCWF with regional & national social capital initiatives